Friday, July 25, 2008

A Bit Of Hebrew Religion

I'm no expert in Hebrew culture or religion, but I'll share some things with you that I've learned. Maybe you know this already, or maybe you have no idea about anything I'm going to say. The Torah is the foundation of the Hebrew religion, it's the first five books of the Bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. It actually repeats itself all throughout the Bible, so you can kinda say it's the Bible in general. Some times I may refer to Torah as God's teaching and instruction, because that's what is. God tells you how to live your life the best way possible and who else would know better than our creator. The faith that I study believes in a savior, better known to you as Jesus Christ; his Hebrew name is Yeshua Hamashiach. I often refer to God as Yahweh, because that's his Hebrew name. Most of the commandments in the Torah I live by, but some can not be done today. Where do you think the Ten Commandments came from, out of the Torah. The Sabbath or Shabbat is the seventh day of the week; a day of rest as God commanded. I observe the Sabbath Friday sundown to Saturday sundown and usually have a Shabbat meal Friday night with family or friends to celebrate the occasion, as it says in the Torah. I just wanted to give you a little insight to what my beliefs are and what I'm talking about when I say it. Thanks for reading and have a blessed day, Shalom!! One more thing if your wondering what Shalom means... it's peace in Hebrew and could be used as a greeting.

1 comment:

Stray Kat said...

Thanks Brad, that information is good to know about, I always wondered. Maybe you will share some more things here about the Torah and your religion. I will be watching for it!